If you’re in the market for a moving company, you may be tempted to take the first estimate you get over the phone. After all, it’s easier to just get it over with, right? Wrong. It’s important to remember that you get what you pay for, and if you accept a quote from a moving company over the phone without seeing the actual crew and their equipment, you may be disappointed with the end result. While receiving a quote and knowing how much your move will cost is still very important, here’s 3 reasons why you shouldn’t settle for over the phone quotes…
1. You may not get the service you expect.
If you accept a quote over the phone from a moving company, you’re likely not going to get the same level of service as if you’d seen the crew and their equipment in person. The movers may be less experienced, or the truck may be smaller than you expected.
With over the phone quotes, the moving company may not always get the best feel for how many movers will be needed for the move, the structure and layout of your old home and the one you will be moving into, and how long the move will actually take given these factors. It’s best for the movers to come out and perform a quote for you so that they can get a good feel for how everything will run on moving day.
2. You could end up paying more than you expected.
When you get a quote over the phone, the moving company is likely going to base that estimate on a very rough calculation. They won’t know exactly how much work is involved until they come to your house and take a look. So you could end up paying more than you expected if there are any surprises once they start moving your belongings.
3. It’s always best to get a written estimate from the moving company so that you know exactly what you’re paying for. This way, there are no surprises on moving day…
- The crew arrives at your old home with a truck that’s too small
- The movers are inexperienced and take longer than expected to move your belongings
- You’re not sure what is included in the price and end up paying more than you wanted to
In short, there are three very good reasons why you should avoid over the phone quotes from moving companies:
– You may not get the same level of service as if you’d seen the crew and their equipment in person.
– You could end up paying more than you expected.
– You may not be sure what is included in the price, and could end up paying more than you wanted to.
If you’re in the market for a moving company, be sure to avoid over the phone quotes and ask for a written estimate instead. This will ensure that you know exactly what you’re getting, and that there are no surprises on moving day. Give us a call to schedule your quote with On The Move today 615.793.0500.